I adore creativity and pushing the boundaries and the wonderful Hugh Macleod at Gaping Void is asking for people to write a 500 word manifesto - great idea. He published my Employee Confusion post last week. But here it is for any one who has missed it.
If... a brand starts inside, an employee's confusion
1. If you believe in the strategy, why can't you explain it?
2. If talent is important, why is promotion based on your social circle?
3. If we are entrepreneurial, why do we make decisions by consensus?
4. If values are important enough to put on a card, why are they not applicable to leaders?
5. If the future is important, why do we spend time in meetings looking at the past?
6. If you embrace talent why do you only speak to me about my weaknesses?
7. If we aim for a USP why are we only encouraged to produce sameness?
8. If we believe in diversity, why are you all 40+, white and male?
9. If we need to cut development and R&D to hit budget, how can you afford a two-day team bonding session in a 5-star hotel?
10. If it is us that interact with customers, why don't you see we should feel the brand values first?
As if I would ever say if it was personal experience????