Show 234 of The Engaging Brand leadership and marketing podcast is ready just for you. To subscribe or listen on your PC now - both for free, you don't need to download anything - all explained at the end of the post and don't forget to try GoToMeeting for your 30 day free trial!
Today I talk with Nick McCormick who is a delivery manager for an IT services company and who has written a great little book on tips and practical advice for managers called Lead Well and Prosper. What I loved about this book was the realism...he talks about moving from mediocre to great!! Nick and I discuss
- Is management as a skill in crisis?
- The importance of managers having a realistic look at their own development and skill level.
- Why is management so difficult?
- Tips on moving from reading about management to becoming a better manager.
- How change is uncomfortable.
- How to make time for development in your busy schedule.
- How power does not come from a title
- What would be the best tip that Nick could give to improve your management skill?
- How it is not difficult to stand out as a good manager as there is so many mediocre ones out there!
If you have feedback for me on the show or topics that you would like me to cover then e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or join me on twitter or check out my new site Buzz Networker which looks at how social networking can help your brand.
How you can listen to the Engaging Brand
1) You can listen on your PC now without downloading any software just click here to hear the latest marketing podcast and it will take you to the latest podcast. Then press the play button!
2) You can subscribe to the show via iTunes or
3) If you use a different podcatcher then you can subscribe using the following https://www.podcasternews.com/feeds/enbr.xml
Message from Sponsor
“Online Meetings Made Easy with GoToMeeting Try it Free for 30 days use Promo Code Podcast”