Show 288 of The Engaging Brand leadership and marketing podcast is ready just for you. To subscribe or listen on your PC now - both for free, you don't need to download anything - all explained at the end of the post and brought by our sponsor: GotoMeeting Hold your meetings online for just $49/mo. Try GoToMeeting FREE for 30 days.
On today's podcast I talk with Nilofer Merchant who is a " leading authority on creating business strategy to win markets. Having worked inside and outside major corporate brands like Adobe, Apple, Nokia and others..." Nilofer's latest book is called The New How and looks at how to reinvent business through collaborative strategies. We talk about
- How strategy is as much about what not to do as great ideas
- Are ideas easier to create than put into action
- Does childhood prepare you for business?
- The notion of followership
- The concept of an 'air sandwich'
- How can you encourage a collaborative culture?
- The importance of people improvement versus process improvement
- How to recognize what you need to know
- How to create the right strategic options
- Is it about what we are good at now or what we want to be good at in the future?
- How to make tough choices on strategy
- How hard is it to create accountability.
How you can listen to the Engaging Brand
1) You can listen on your PC now without downloading any software just click hear to listen to the latest marketing podcast
2) You can subscribe to the show via iTunes or
3) If you use a different podcatcher then you can subscribe using the following http://www.podcasternews.com/feeds/enbr.xml