Porter is someone that felt academic and yet I wanted to understand it...this book is a great little insight into how simple in a way Porter is!
As we come to the end of the year, I thought I would share some phrases which are wonderful tips for business planning and strategy
- Competition is about profits not market share
- Don't feel you have to delight every customer out there. The sign of a good strategy is that it deliberately makes some customers unhappy.
- No strategy is meaningful unless it makes clear what the organisation will NOT do.
- Vying to be the best is self destructive...strive to be unique.
- Good strategies depend on many choices, not just one and on the connections among them.
Love the idea of replacing best with unique.....spot on!