So who am I ?
Well, I qualified as a Chartered Accountant with KPMG before joining the printing industry as a Financial Controller. I was lucky that I worked for a truly inspirational leader who recognised some kind of talent for leading people and at the ripe old age of 25 I was promoted to Managing Director. I knew then that I loved developing and inspiring people to bring out that talent that I believe is inside all of us.
I continued in industry working for FMCG companies for 20 years latterly as a Group HR/Finance Director for a major worldwide brand but then decided to establish my own company - The Engaging Brand.
I guess that I am really proud of building The Engaging Brand as I started with a budget of only £500 and now it is a successful thriving business that has helped many others achieve their dreams - all done through social media. Engaging people internally and externally with your brand is so important and I love helping people find innovative ways of engaging people in this hectic modern world.
The Engaging Brand was my dream of working with passionate people who want to grow their businesses through social media - often on tight budgets.
Much of my time is spent speaking and delivering workshops on branding, social leadership and social media.
As for my style well, I love this quote from a Melcrum event that said I was " a ball of energy and crammed packed of ideas".
I also produce The Engaging Brand podcast - nominated six years running for the Best Business
podcast - which is my way of giving something back to the business world which has been so wonderful to me. The show interviews a wide range of people looking for creative ideas of how to develop both you and your business.
And a recent addition to the CV is a 1st Class Honours Degree in Law, which I am very proud of and hopefully will be progressing on to a Ph.D researching social media and the effect on the modern employment contract.
If you want to contact me directly to see how I can help you grow your business then you can
Phone me on +44 (0)7914 381864
E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or engage with me on twitter at http://twitter.com/engagingbrand
Awards and Recognition
- The Engaging Brand names in Top Leadership Blogs
- The Engaging Brand is in Top UK Online Marketing Blogs
- The Engaging Brand Blog in the Power 150 Of Advertising Age Blogs
- The Engaging Brand podcast voted in Top 10 of Small Business Radio
- Nominated for Best Business Podcast at the Podcast Awards 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011
- The Engaging Brand podcast voted in Top 10 Marketing Podcasts
- Voted in Top 16 Most Valuable Podcasts
- Listed in the Small Business Top 100 Small Business Trends
- Reviewed on Cool Podcasts
- Voted 21st in the Top 100 Best Business Blogs
- Top 25 Marketing Blog
- Named in 100 Best Career Resources for Grads and PhDs by OnlinePhDProgram.org