It is simple. It is not confusing. And I know you have the skill.
Why am I so certain? Because our cultivating has always been part of your human DNA. Think of how our ancestors cultivated land, it is just the same. There is nothing new. There is NOTHING new to learn about creating and growing relationships. Full stop.
Yes, just as farmer now use machinery rather than scythes or combines as well as shovels.....marketing use social media tools.... as well as face to face or paper.
But when I look at the definition of cultivate on my MacBook Pro it says
- prepare and use (land) for crops or gardening.
- break up (soil) in preparation for sowing or planting.
- raise or grow (plants), esp. on a large scale for commercial purposes.
There are 3 main stages to cultivating relationships....PREPARATION. SOWING. GROWING. (Tweet this)
So how do you translate this to your brand
- What is your passion?
- What do you sell? ...Not the product but the reason you made the product.
- Why do people need you to help them?
- Why don't competitors fulfill that need?
- What do you want to achieve?
- What are your goals?
Think about the WHAT and WHY
- How can you express what you offer - in a simple way that connects both emotional heart and rational mind.
- How can you identify who needs what you offer? How are they communicating?
- When and where is that customer need expressing itself? Remember, the purchases cycle starts in the social age BEFORE the act of purchase.
- How can I reach those customers?
- How can I best express that I know, I understand and how I can add value?
Think HOW and Why
- How can I add value?
- What is the social element of our business? What creates shareability?
- How can I educate, inform or entertain our connections?
- How can we recognise customer loyalty?
- What can we do extra that makes people want to sing our praises?
Think NOT what the customer can do for you but what YOU can do FOR the customer (Tweet this)
As a help, a little poem from our little mate Bob to remind you.....